Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Copenhagen, Denmark

What an incredible trip this was. 

But before I dive into the details of this excursion, I want to throw out a formal apology to all of you who follow this blog of mine for not being as on top of writing game as I usually am in the past few weeks!

Sicknesses, classes, other trips, and a general aversion to computer screens plagued my psyche last week and I just wasn't able to sit down and write.

But here I am now.

Forgive me?

Pretty please with sugar on top!?

Thanks. You guys rock : )

So Copenhagen was awesome.

Really and truly.

And what made it so great was obviously being in a new place and seeing different things and seeing the sites...

But was the most incredible was being able to spend time with my Aunt and my cousins who I haven't seen in YEARS!



This was a shot my aunt snapped of my 6-year old cousin and I. Both her and her 9 year-old brother absolutely cracked me up they were so funny. And not only that but they were so sweet, and kind, and considerate...all-around just wonderful little angels and all I wanted to do was to continue to play with them! 

It was seriously so neat the connection my two cousins and I made. Because neither of them speak any English, and I certainly don't know any Danish. But that language barrier turned out to not even be the slightest issue. And that was what made it so cool meeting these kiddos because we were able to make this connection and relationship with each other without ever needing to understand a word each other said.

That's love, people, the language of love. 

And smiles.

And playing with hair.

And playing video games.

And making silly faces.

It was a weekend I will never forget, and I cannot WAIT to see both my cousins and my aunt again. 

The two full days I was there I got an incredible tour around the city and was able to eat some absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS food.

Take a look!




The Royal Port where the Royal ship docks while the Royal Family boards.


Panoramic view of the Royal Palace




Traditional Danish Fare consisting of salmon, herring, cod, roast beef, cheese, and olives.

Now that's my kind of meal.








This whole trip was honestly just so neat and wonderful. So many great memories and connections were made with my Danish relatives and I am more anxious than ever to see them all again.

And once again, Mette, if you're reading this, a BIG thank you for being a wonderful host, tour guide, entertainer, listener and more. I had such an incredible time and I can't wait to come back!!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment